Yaaay! ELSEWHERE with Tyler Janeé has been awarded the Liebster Award! I am so happy to be apart of the travel blogging movement especially as a woman of color. I am excited to share the love! November 1, 2016 was the day it all began. It was the first day I hit publish and decided to share my travel thoughts, ideas, and advice out into the world. As scary as it was, it was worth it! After 3,500 page views in the 2nd month of blogging I was honored yet in disbelief. I want to give a giant thanks to Holiday on My Mind for nominating me and I cannot wait to share with you amazing bloggers I have been following!
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster means sweet, dear in German and it is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is dedicated to newer bloggers and it "aims to integrate them into the huge worldwide blogging community and to help them gain wider coverage". Since I have accepted the nomination and award I have to answer 5-10 interview questions from Holiday on My Mind and nominate 5 other bloggers with questions of my own.
1.What is your favourite thing about travelling
I love traveling to new places because I truly believe it humbles me. It broadens my perspective of lots of different things and it keeps me grounded. Ohh and food of course! I am the biggest foodie and I love going to new countries and trying new foods ( anything that uses a potato)
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
It would have to be reading the comments. Most of my comments so far are positive and I love to see people laughing at one of my crazy traveling stories or learning something new that they didn't know before.
3. What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
Least favorite thing would be perfecting the silly little mistakes. I have a bittersweet relationship with grammar.
4.Craziest adventure you went on?
That would have to be shark cage diving in South Africa. I screamed and made a fool of myself the entire time, but hey I can say I did it.
5. Do you prefer solo travel or group travel? Why?
I enjoy both but I love the feeling solo travel gives you. Traveling solo makes you feel like you're capable of anything. I love being somewhere alone with only my wits to survive for the day and finally making it home after being lost 21 times.
6. Do you have a favourite place?
Seeing the pyramids of Egypt for the first time took my breath away. It may not be the cleanest tourist site but I'm an ancient history geek so it's on the top of my list so far.
7. If I would visit your home country (let me know what your home country is), tell me 5 places I should visit and 5 dishes I should try.
I'm American and you should visit Los Angeles first before doing anything else. It's the best place on Earth. I love my city and there are so many cool things to do. You should have a In-N-Out Burger (animal style) in Los Angeles and eat at Waffle House in Atlanta after a long night of partying on the town. You should visit Las Vegas and pick up some Raising Canes chicken tenders, omg to die for. Then head to New York and try 99 cent pizza, you just have to. Lastly, I would say try a Philly Cheesesteak from Philadelphia. I never have but I want too! I clearly need to travel within my own country for a bit.
8. What are your New Year Resolutions?
I would like to vlog more and show all these wonderful people my beautiful face, start on a business plan for a cool idea that I have, and connect with more travel bloggers!
9. What was the best thing that happened to you in 2016?
Living in Cape Town. South Africa!! I still can't believe I lived there for 8 weeks and I met some amazing people on the way, 2 of which I'm spending Christmas and New Year's with in the U.K.
Khalilah KJ Curls
Away We Stray
From Diam with Love
Eli Travel Bug
Here are your questions....(drum roll please)
1. What is the tastiest food you have tried during your travels?
2. Which country surprised you the most?
3. What is your most used app for travel?
4. When did you become a travel blogger and why?
5. What are 5 songs on your traveling playlist?
6. Have you ever lived abroad? If so, where? If not, would you?
7. If you were given 4 tickets to any destination in the world, who would you take and where would you go?
8. What's your 2016 New Year's Resolution?
9. What was your favorite blog post you wrote?
10. Who is one of your favorite travel bloggers and why?