17 Mind-Blowing Travel Destinations No One is Telling You About
After being apart of travel communities galore since the start of my travel blogging career, I came across some outrageous mind-blowing destinations that were out of this world. I mean these places felt like they were on some V.I.P secret list that nobody ever tells you about unless on you're on Pinterest at crazy hours of the night like a wild maniac (obviously me). Most of us are familiar and absolutely love popular travel spots such as romantic Paris, bustling London, and historic Egypt, but here are a few less popular but still downright amazing destinations to add to that ELSEWHERE bucket list of yours!
1. Cappadocia, Turkey
In the Cappadocia region of central Turkey, you can fly! Early mornings are bright and colorful as floating hot-air balloons fill the sky while soaring over deep valleys and jagged cliffs.
2. Chefchaouen, Morocco
The Blue City of Morocco is a secret gem and for good reason. The area is painted in beautiful hues of blue creating photos that are #instagramworthy. You can walk through the city finding eclectic clashes of color amidst the deep blue waves of gorgeous scenery.
Photo by cntraveler.com
3. Bocas Del Toro, Panama
This small island off the coast of Panama is a delightful destination that isn't overcrowded with people. Palm trees, clear skies, and inviting locals welcome you when you arrive with a Caribbean hospitality and there's even a hostel with a trampoline..into the water!
Photo by lugaresdelviaje.com
4. Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
The quiet town of Lauterbrunnen is a magical place full of nature that could be right out of a fairytale. Towering cliffs and dramatic backdrops are just a peek at what this wonderful place has to offer. You can take the railway to snow-covered Jungfrau Mountain, one of the tallest mountains in Europe, then return to the bottom for a white-water rafting experience like no other.
5. Dead Vlei, NamibiaThe surreal location of Dead Vlei is a must-see destination for lovers of photography. Epic photo-shoots have been shot in this bizarre desert frozen in time.
6. Antelope Canyon, ArizonaThis carved natural beauty is a slot canyon. The formations of rock make intricate curves that make it a photogenic must-see spot in Arizona.
7. Hamilton Pool Preserve, TexasThis best-kept-secret is a swimming hole that leaves travelers in awe. The pool is fed by a waterfall and makes it a wondrous place to take a swim.
8. Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town is becoming a more popular destination for its mountain and adjacent sea views, cute penguins, and laid-back atmosphere.Check out my post on "11 Ways to Rock Cape Town"
9. Avenue of the Baobabs, MadagascarI could not believe the massiveness of these trees and why I never heard about this mind-blowing destination. On the island of Madagascar, you can walk down this avenue aligned with whimsical fairy-tale like trees!
10.Accra, GhanaAccra is a thriving city full of art and historical value. This gorgeous place has been on ELSEWHERE bucket list after discovering the famous Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park.
11. Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAbu Dhabi, home to the architectural beauty, Shiekh Zayed Mosque is a wonder that you have to see to believe. High arches and gold-plated columns are just a few of the wondrous designs that make this place a mind-blowing destination.
12.Andalusia, SpainFrom old-world charm to contemporary and modern, this place has it all. Storybook castles, glamorous clubs, and fancy yachts are just a few of the many things about Andalusia that will make you never want to leave.
13. Zanzibar, TanzaniaOff of Tanzania's coast, you can find the spectacular beaches of Zanzibar. The views are out of this world and the people are welcoming and lively on this small island treasure.
14.Victoria Falls, ZimbabweHang on the edge of a waterfall at the world's most dangerous infinity pool at Victoria Falls.
15. Giraffe Manor,Nairobi, KenyaIn Giraffe Manor, you can have breakfast with Rothschild giraffes! Aren't they adorable!?
16.Koh Phangan, ThailandOnce a month, a crazy, wild extravaganza known as the "Full Moon Party" takes place in Thailand. Neon lights and hard liquor make this a party you won't forget ( or will forget if you party too hard).
17. Siem Reap CambodiaThis towering temple is an ancient beauty full of remains of the Khmer civilization . This UNESCO World Heritage site is a fascinating place that will make you awe in its dramatic views.
Any of these new to you? If so, drop a comment down below!